Friday, 21 January 2011

Take Flight....Gift Set


I have decided to get a start on Easter gifts early this year, and rather than spending a fortune on Easter eggs which are mainly all packaging , I've decided to give handmade gifts. So this card and box is the first of many more to come lol.

The Card


I have followed the sketch at this weeks "Just Magnolia" challenge. The papers came free with an old crafting magazine (I think they are my minds eye). I used my cuttle bug to create the embossed panel and embellished the card with flowers and gems. I'm also going to enter this weeks "Stamp Something" challenge which is something Cute ~ you cannot deny that Tilda is cute in her little bee costume!

Attention to Detail:


I love this Tilda image and she works in just about any colour combination too. She has been coloured with my promarkers: Blossom, Pink Carnation, Satin, Blush, Dusky Pink, Apple, Leaf  green, Meadow green, cool grey 1, cocoa, walnut and Burnt Umber. I chose my embellishments to match Tilda's colours, the lace ribbon, green and white twine and button came from the Ribbon Girl (Fantastic website, awesome service).


I think the papers I used are My Minds Eye and I'm sure they came free with an old crafting magazine (If they are not please correct me lol).

The Box


This box has been recycled. It started out as a white box from letraset that they send you out your promarker pens in. I have covered if in green card and green papers. I then added the same image of Tilda to the front and embellished with flowers, buttons, gems and ribbon. The box is big enough to contain a small bar of dairy milk chocolate, but could also be filled with individual sweets/chocolates or crafty stash and given to a crafty friend lol.


Anyway Thanks for your time and sticking with me through all the photos.

Ingredients:

Card - White, Lime Green and pale green (Papermill Shop).
Stamps - Tilda as Bee and sentiment (Magnolia).
Promarkers - As above (Joanna Sheen).
Design Papers - My Minds Eye (Freebie).
Extras - lace edge ribbon, green and white twine, green spotted button ( The Ribbon Girl), Circle and scalloped circle nesties (Glitterpot), birds and swirls embossing folder (glitter pot), cuttlebug, pink pins (EBay), gems (Anita's), prima flowers (prima) and roses (Wild Orchid crafts).

Challenges:

I'm entering my card into the following challenges.

Just Magnolia - sketch.
Stamp Something - something Cute.

8 comments:

  1. such a cute set, adorable! I love it!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous set, I love green and pink together and it is defo cute. Easter seems such a long way away, but it will be here before we know it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie a gorgeous creation i love the colours, the papers are fab too, thank you for joining us this week at Just Magnolia, big hugs love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card and box andria.love the image you`ve used and gorgeous colour combo and yummy chocolate too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea Andria and fun to receive too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable sweet card set, love Tilda and fab colours you've used.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andria and wow what a fab gift set, love the bright colour makes you think spring and Easter, love it all.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous gift set & love those wonderful papers & your terrific coloing ...
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.