Sunday, 6 February 2011

P..P..P..Pick Up A Penguin


There is a new challenge blog in town "Less Is More" dedicated souly to the art of making clean and simple cards, which I often admire but never quite get right lol. Anyway this week is challenge #1 and the theme is "Black, White and Pink".

Attention to Detail:


The image "Penguin Love" by Dian Duda for Sugar Nellie has been coloured with my promarkers: cool grey 1-5, black, pumpkin, honeycomb, ginger, blossom, carnation pink and rose pink. I have added a touch of sparkle with my clear sakura stardust pen.


I created the small embossed panel with my snowflakes embossing folder and cuttlebug, the ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment is from a "Lili Of The Valley" Christmas Set. I think this stamp would also double up as a perfect winter Wedding or Anniversary card too.

I am also going to enter this card into this weeks "Allsorts  ~ It Must be Love Love Love" challenge, and "Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club ~ #52 The Gift Of Love" as Mr Penguin is giving Mrs Penguin his heart. I'm also going to enter "Stamps R Us Challenge #13 Animals".




22 comments:

  1. This really is a cool card!
    I love the embossing and those characters are the cutest!
    Thanks so much for joining in our first challenge at "Less is More", we really hope to see you next time!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think you have achieved the brief with this one Andria. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. Love the penguin image and the embossing is gorgeous.
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore this card. The image is such fun - and I love the way you've coloured the penguins!! The embossing is just perfect! Yes, I think you've got clean and simple mastered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know what happened but it worked for me first time I just done it for you great card thanks for entering
    Hugs Susie Sugar x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, and the embossing and the penguins go together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, and those penguins are just too cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooooooooh this is stunning!!! Loving the C&S look...This is one of the stamps I have lying uninked in my bos...you have definatly made me want to dig it out and have a play!! Love your colouring! and love the embossing, such a fabulous and stylish card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card so pretty xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, what cute Penquins, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this? Veeeery. I LOve it!
    Thank you soooo much for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning card andria.i love the fab image and the cas layout is very effective :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that you have understood the criteria and yet added detail...this is more than acceptable
    Your card is great and he penguins too cute!
    Thanks for joining our first challenge on "Less is More" hope you will take part again next week

    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute are those penguins? Super cute!!! love the embossing too thanks for sharing it with us at DCD Christmas Club
    Lynne xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous love that image and your fab dotty ribbon thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club thie week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card & great take on the challenge.
    Thanks for sharing the love with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! How cute is this! I love the penguins!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is fabulous, love the penquins.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adorable! thanks for the blog visit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You certainly have mastered c&s! This card is beautiful and I love the pink on the penguins!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.