Friday, 25 March 2011

Bah Humbug



Well I sometimes question how my mind works, all this glorious weather and I am inspired to make a "Christmas Card" lol. Well truth be told I was inspired by the new "Bah Humbug challenge - Trees". I have used my "Penny Black - Home For Christmas 3990K" stamp.

I inked the stamp with my "Perfect Plumeria" Versa Magic ink pad and then heat embossed it with some crystal embossing powder for a subtle sparkle. I then added some gems and magenta sparkles to the baubles on the tree.

I dry embossed one panel on the card with my snowflakes embossing folder (rather than use a design paper) and added the gorgeous ribbon from the "Ribbon Girl" and silver Christmas Tree charm. Well it makes a change for me not to have used any promarkers on this card lol.

I'm off  to straighten up the wonky left hand edge it is bugging me lol.


8 comments:

  1. Eeeek!!! A Christmas card!!! It'll be no time before I'm in a panic to get some made, so I suppose you're the clever one getting some done early!
    It's lovely btw, I love that pink colour.

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab! I love the embossing and the sparkles! Loving the organza ribbon, its just lush. Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty and love love (LOVE) that ribbon

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - very striking card.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Iona, love your card, the tree is gorgeous and the colour is stunning, lots of love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning card andria.i love your striking colours and fab embossing and the image is gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that stamp! It is a great stamp! I did a similar thing with the gems to make baubles. Only the rest of my card was not as great as yours, mine was very plain. But now I have a good idea for next time!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.