Thursday, 3 March 2011

Happy Birthday M8t...Hope it's gr8t



Well my Nephew Eughan( pronounced Ew-an) is 8 on Saturday, so I have been busy making his birthday card.  I decided to try a "pop out" effect with this one.
Attention To Detail:


The image is "Skater Ian" from the Greeting Farm, coloured with promarkers: Orange, Bright Orange, midnight blue, walnut, burnt sienna, satin, blush, dusky pink and cool grey 1. I cut the image out and attached it to a strip of acetate with ds tape. I looped the acetate over and tucked it behind the star to create the pop out effect.


I drew the star by hand as I did not want a perfect die cut shape on this occasion. I edged the star with orange peel stickles, I used alphabet stickers to spell out his name and again covered them in Orange peel stickles. I also found a metal "birthday" button and added that to the card.


The design paper is by "Basic Grey" and the card is from the "Paper Mill Shop".

Every time you ask Eughan what he would like for his birthday he changes his mind, so I am putting money in his card so he can choose his own present....simples!

3 comments:

  1. How fabulous - love it! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic male card andria.love how your image is popping out of the star, very clever and i love your paper :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that card! Love the effect of the acetate pop-out.
    And you can't go wrong with money! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.