Wednesday, 13 April 2011

The Colour Purple


Morning all, can't believe it's half way through my first week off...I knew these holidays were gonna fly in! I'm not here today, I'm off walking round Buttermere Lake, then we are calling into Grasmere for some freshly baked, warm gingerbread.

Anyway, this card has been made using scraps of design papers and scraps of card and ribbon. I have followed the good example set by the fabulously talented "Jules" at "Always With a Heart". Every Sunday she sets herself the challenge of only using scraps to make her cards:) .

Attention To Detail:


The image I have used on this card is from Magnolia and is "Tilda with Gingerbread". I have coloured her with my promarkers: Cinnamon, Cocoa, Walnut, Antique Pink, Lilac, Lavender, Amethyst, Cool grey 4,5 and Black.


The papers are scraps of Kanban (butterflies) and Craft Creations and the ribbon was given to me in a swap. I also used scraps of purple card from the Paper Mill Shop. The layout for the card is an old sketch from "The Sketch Saturday Challenge".


6 comments:

  1. Hi Andria

    Wow!!

    What a super make .. .. great use of your snippets.

    Great layout and a beautifully coloured image.

    I have a soft spot for that ribbon. I use it on my wedding stationery LOL!!! A tiny leftover piece made its way onto one of my snippet creations on Sunday too.

    Thank you for keeping me company on my mission to reduce the offcuts in my craft space.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your week. I bet it is flying by for you. Love the sound of the warm gingerbread! Have fun!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andria love the card and such a good idea using up bits and pieces. A walk around the lake and warm gingerbread sound wonderful. Love Anne x (Danma MAC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are gorgeous andria.i love the sweet tilda and fab lilac colours and papers :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely Andria, I do like gingham on a card!
    I always have a lot of scraps - although I must admit it's usually the plain "mat" card that I end up with scraps of - which turned out to be handy one day last week when I had to personalise a card I made ages ago - I couldn't find any matching card in my box of crisp new sheets of card, so I dove into the scraps box and, after having to come up for air a few times, I found the matching card! Yay!
    Lol, sort of went off on one there!
    Love it anyway!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Andria. I am visiting you from Jules' link.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andria, I'm visiting you from Jule's link and it was well worth the visit! Great card from your bits and pieces - this is such a good idea because we crafters do hoard stash! ikki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.