Tuesday, 26 April 2011

From Shoe box to Gift box...


**WARNING** Lots of photos

Well I have had an old brown shoe box, lying under my bed gathering dust and today I was inspired to make something with it.


So first of all i coated the box with pva glue and covered it with white copier paper and left to dry. When dry I ripped up some white and gold vellum and some Dove craft Eastern Promise papers and layered them onto the box gluing the edges down with more pva glue.


Then when all the glue had dried I used my gold ink pad to edge the corners of the box and distress the lid, I added some gold embossing powder and heat embossed them, then using my scissors scratched some of it off again to add to the distressed feel. I added some cream crocheted lace (The Ribbon Girl) and cream satin ribbon (stash), some gold gems and iridescent pearls.


I lined the inside of the box with navy blue tissue paper (Ebay). I then added a label to the box lid and jewel and glitter encrusted butterfly (The Ribbon Girl).



The sentiments on the label are from Lili Of The Valley and were stamped in gold and heat embossed. The iridescent beads were recycled from an old bracelet no longer worn and match the glitter on the butterfly.

Challenges:

I am entering this into the following challenges;

Creative Card Crew  - Recycle Something

7 comments:

  1. Andria I loved the card, especially the colours and the box is stunning. Anne (Danma)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Andria

    What a fantastic project.

    Who would have thought this gorgeous work of art started off as a shoe box?

    Brilliant finished look and I love the gold embossing .. .. it finishes everything off a treat.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that looks amazing, well done, thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, its fantastic andria.
    love all the layers of papers you`ve used and gorgeous delicate colours.
    a great gift idea hun and superb recycling ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic Andria! It's amazing what a bit of imagination can do to an old boring brown box!

    Love the pressie too! lol

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks great thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, thanks for joining us over at Creative Craft Challenges, hugs Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.