Tuesday, 19 April 2011

A Right Royal Affair


Whoo hoo I've made my first twisted easel card. They are actually easier than I thought they would be too :) . I wanted to join in with "Crafty Cardmakers" challenge whose theme is "Royal Wedding".
I have not used any design papers on the card and have followed through with a Red, White and Blue theme.

Attention To Detail:


The image is "First Dance" by Sugar Nellie and has been coloured with my promarkers: Navy Blue, Midnight Blue, Crimson Red, Black, Cool grey5, Satin, Blush, Dusky Pink and caramel. The brides dress has been dusted with iridescent glitter for lots of sparkle. The sentiment is by "Lili Of The Valley" and the flags are a "magnolia stamp".


I use some of my lovely ribbons to create the flower embellishments, I looped them over a circle of white card and then attached a button to the centre. The ribbon is all from "The Ribbon Girl".


I embossed the white card with my swiss dots embossing folder and used red card for matting and layering. The image was cut with my classic square nesties and the sentiment with my classic rectangle nesties.

Challenges:

I am also going to enter this card into the following challenges:

The Ribbon Girl - colour challenge #7 Red, White and Blue.
Crafts and Me - challenge #30 Ribbon.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! Those twisted easel cards look soooo difficult! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Andria. So clean and fresh. Lovely. The flags look great.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Andria, the colours are perfect & I love the ribbon flower
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The ribbon flower is fantastic! I love the twisted easel card too.
    Great job!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a beautiful card such detail love the rosette and the bunting just gorgeous
    thanks for taking part in our challenge at crafty cardmakers and come back and play again soon
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card Andria, the flags look fab! :) Thanks for joining in with the colour challenge at the Ribbon Girl, Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fabulous so crisp and fresh- love it.I have yet to try the twisted easel card. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow this is fantastic andria.the image is so sweet and i love the fabby colours and your flower is stunning.
    really love the bunting too, love it all :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful colours and sweet image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohooo we're doing a Right Royal Affair' over on Quirky Crafts this week, ohooo quick do another one!! it's lovely!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.