Monday, 18 April 2011

Sunshine Yellow


Well I'm just back from  a lovely weekend away, we have been over to Newcastle to See Leon's sister and met up with some of his friends. On Sunday we went to Whitley Bay, it was gorgeous 20 degrees and brilliant sunshine.  Thought I'd share this card with you as it sums up my sunny happy mood. I made it on Friday using up scraps and snippets of card and paper.

Attention to detail:


The stamps is "Tilda with flower in hair" from Magnolia and she has been coloured with my promarkers: ivory, primrose, pastel yellow, apricot, cool grey1, tan, sandstone, caramel, satin, blush and dusky pink.


I have been sorting out my ribbon drawer, putting them onto cardboard spools and colour coding them. I have found a few off cuts of this yellow spotted organza ribbon, I have a habit of cutting a ribbon from the middle instead of measuring from the end ! The designs papers are left over Basic Grey Kioshi 12 x 12 and Craft Creations yellow gingham. I have used scraps of yellow card for matting and layering, again i'm terrible for cutting from the middle instead of the edges!  Tilda was cut with my classic square nesties and layered onto my scalloped square nesties.

The atc was made to match the card and i'm loving these. They are perfect for using up off cuts of A4 when cutting my card down to 15cm square blanks.

Challenges:

Inspired again by the clever Jules I'm joining in with her crafty snippets challenge, check out her blog for more details. It's a great way to use up all those left overs :).

Craft Your Days Away - #18 Easter.
Creative Inspirations - #107 Easter.

7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous Easter Project hun! Thanks for joining in with our Easter Challenge over at Creative Wednesday's Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there glad you had a lovely weekend away. I love the card so 'sunny and cheerful'. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card andria.the tilda is so pretty and i love your beautiful colour combo and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andria

    A super sunny card indeed .. .. and a matching ATC too!! Never even thought of making any of those.

    A really lovely card with lots of detail. Who would have thought that something so beautiful would come from snippets.

    Your ribbons sound very organised now. My wedding ribbons are all beautifully stored but all of the others are in my offcut ribbon drawer and are in a bit of a state really!! Perhaps they need a sort out over Easter.

    Thanks for the inspiration Andria.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful creation. Thank you so much for participating in the SFTW Easter challenge with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeously sunny card this is! That's a lovely Tilda, and the papers look so good!! (And I'm so glad you had a good time at Whitley Bay, my mum came from there and I love the place!)

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, I like Tilda done in lemon - thanks for joining in with our Easter challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.