Tuesday, 19 April 2011

With the Warmest of Wishes...


I have been asked to make this card for Leon's Mum who wants to give it to her sister. When I first started out in card making many moons ago, I was heavily into decoupage, but then discovered stamping which has since become my passion. However as this card is for the "older lady" I decided to combine the two.


The decoupaged lady is from "Kanban" and she has been matted and layered onto a dry embossed background created with my birds and swirls embossing folder. She has been embellished with a murano feather, flowers and gems.


The scroll has been stamped and heat embossed with gold powder, it is a Penny Black stamp - 3978K Deco and then each flower has been embellished with green gems. The verses are from Lili Of The Valley - Clear Additions sentiment sheet and were also heat embossed in gold. They read:

"With the warmest of wishes
Here's a note to say
Whatever you do
Have a wonderful day"

"Today's a celebration
And this card is to show
Just how much you mean
and how special
you are to know"

I also opted for a tri fold card as it's a little different from my usual square cards and shows of the main image well.

Challenges:

I am entering this card into the following challenge:


3 comments:

  1. fantastic card andria.the image is stunning and i love the card shape and elegant colours and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, elegant card. The image is lovely. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the colours and the image is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.