Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Land Ahoy


Awww How cute is this image? Just had to have it and ink it up. It's quite apt really as I've just booked the seats for Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides in 3D :) whoo hoo !



Anyway the gorgeous image is called "Land Ahoy" and is a new release from "Lili of The Valley" stamps the sentiment is also by them. It has been coloured with my promarkers: apricot, honeycombe, ginger, tan, caramel, cinnamon, midnight blue, black, cool grey 1-5, satin, blush, dusky pink, berry red and Vanilla.


I have used up scraps of old 12 x 12 design papers. The checked paper is My Minds Eye, unsure about the spotted paper as it's quite old. I distressed the papers to add to the shabby feel of the card and added some "Bakers Divine Twine" (Ribbon Girl) to finish the card.


I used up some more scraps to decorate the inside of the card, leaving a blank panel for the sentiment.

Challenges:

I am entering the following challenges:

Jules' Crafty Snippet Challenge # 19 (Just For Fun).
Cute Card Thursday #164 It's So Distressing.
Lili Of The Valley #96 Ribbons And Bows (If divine twine does not count as ribbon, please scratch me off).





11 comments:

  1. Wow! Thats fantastic Andria - and perfect to get you in the mood for Mr Depp with a mini Black Pearl!
    I'm a little excited too! ;P

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a cutie, gorgeous on the inside and the outside! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andria

    How wonderful!!! So beautiful on the outside and inside .. .. and great use of your snippets.

    I am loving the new LOTV images .. but there are still loads of the old ones I love and haven't got yet!!

    I did put some of the new ones in my shopping basket on release day but was super good and emptied my basket and walked away LOL!! Oh to have a huge crafty stash budget!!!

    Gorgeous colouring and fab sentiment too.

    Thank you for joining in on my mission to wipe out snippets.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card andria.i love the new image and your colours and papers are stunning.love your fab distressing too.
    enjoy the new pirates film hun, am hoping to get to see it too, fingers crossed :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie, this is a fabulous creation, gorgeous colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this week biggest of hugs love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous image and a great way to use up your snippets.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous. Thanks for joining Cute Card Thursday this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a fun card!!! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous inside & out!
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fan-bloomin-tastic. Love how you've done the inside too . . . something I forget to do. It really MAKES the card.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.