Friday, 3 June 2011

Summer Silhouette


The June card swap on the Mac Forum had a theme of Silhouette's. so I went with Summer Silhouettes. Now this swap has taken me fully out of my comfort zone and my card design is very basic.


I used DCWV Taj Mahal design papers and black card. The panel across the front had been embossed with my birds and swirls embossing folder. The sentiment is "Penny Black" and was stamped in black ink and cut out with square nesties.


The butterflies are also "Penny Black" stamps, they were stamped in black on black and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder, so when the light hits them you can see the pattern. The inside of the cards were decorated with the same blue as the front.

I needed 6 cards so made 2 of each colour.

4 comments:

  1. They're fab Andria! It was such a difficult theme, but you've deffinitely nailed it!
    I wish I had've had time to join in!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning cards andria.the sentiment is beautiful and i love the bold colours of the taj mahal papers :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andria

    You don't look out of your comfort zone .. .. these are gorgeous.

    Beautiful colours .. .. really stunning!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are just fab!!! Loveing the combo of black with the bright colours! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.