Monday, 25 July 2011

Liberty


Afternoon everybody, another gorgeous day up this neck of the woods, got three loads of washing out on the line and have the joy of ironing later lol. Took sometime out to make today's card, using my new "CC Designs ~ Fairy Tales Liberty" stamp.

Attention To Detail:



The image has been coloured with my promarkers: tan, caramel, cinnamon, sandstone, satin, blush and dusky pink. I know the real statue is blue/green but I wanted her to fit in with my papers. I then covered the image with crackle glaze to create the distressed/shabby texture to it.



The papers I have used are scraps of "Prima ~ Botanicals" I have distressed all the edges with my scissors to create a shabby feel. I have adored using these papers and I'm determined to use up every last scrap. I used blue and ivory "papermill card" for matting and layering.


I have created a hidden tag, containing the sentiment (which came with the stamp). The tag has been covered in the same prima papers and distressed. I have added some ivory lace to the tag and the card, this is from the "Ribbon Girl".


I then finished the card by decorating the inside with co-ordinating papers and added a swirl of pearls and gems to the front.

Challenges:

I am hoping to enter the following challenges.

Cupcake Craft Challenge - # 152 Shabby Sparkle.
Creative Inspirations - #121 Around The World.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutly gorgeous card! Just love the color combo & all the pretty & shabby details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andria

    What a gorgeous card you have made with your snippets. Beautiful both inside and out!!

    I don't think I have seen that image before and I love the crackle glaze you have added.

    Such a great finished look.

    Thank you for keeping me company again this week in the snippet clearance challenge.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally stunning card andria.love the distressed edges and crackle shimmer and your image and papers are gorgeous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely! I love the colours you've chosen, and the glaze looks fabulous! Love the lace, too, it adds great texture! Ace card!!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card fits the challenge perfectly,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute and fabulous!!! Love all the added bling!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. I love the colour combo and that image is fabulous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andria this is stunning, and your detail with the crackle glaze is the perfect touch, loving the colours too. Think I may have to get myself some crackle its been a long time since I used any and I love the effect. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely brilliant card Andria. I really like the attention to detail and the hidden tag. Such fun!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Andria, this is an amazing card. I love the crackle on the image and the fabby colours. Very nice indeedy. Have a great weekend. Oh and thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.