Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Mr & Mrs


Evening all just been watching "The Apprentice" and I'm sooo chuffed Melody was fired, wiped that smirk right off her face lol. Anyway I was asked to make a wedding card for a work colleague. I decided to go with a black and white colour scheme as it always looks smart and came up with this design.


I have used my Cuttlebug a lot on this card using long forgotten dies and embossing folders. The hearts were cut with a heart die and represent the Bride and Groom. I added some pearls for the buttons and a little glitter dust. The white heart was embossed with my "Birds & Swirls" embossing folder.


I have added an embossed panel to the bottom of the card and some luxurious black velvet ribbon to add a touch of elegance.


The stamp used on the insert is from "Lili Of The Valley" stamps and I have embossed 2 champagne glasses into the bottom corner.

I hope she likes the card, unusual for me not to have a stamped image on the front lol.

Challenges:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Blog ~ #110 Free And Easy.



10 comments:

  1. THis is such a fab idea! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andria

    I love what you have done with the hearts here .. .. I might have to give that a little go!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Loving the embossing inside and out .. .. great touch to emboss the insert.

    I was happy with the Apprentice result too. She wasn't my cup of tea!! She used to give me GBH of the earhole LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning Andria! Sometimes you need a wee break from the pro-markers, but that's enough of a break! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - so simple and elegant - just perfect!
    I too was happy with the Apprentice result - she really did need that smirk wiping off her face didn't she!!!
    Thanks for playing Free & Easy with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card andria.really classy and elegant.i love the hearts and stunning mono colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andria love the card and I too cheered when Melody got fired. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very elegant card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wedding card, great colour combo, very sophisticated!Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's gorgeous Andria, like you most of my cards involve colouring with my pro markers or copics and I am also trying to make some cards that don't involve them but nothing as fantastic as yours!

    And I'm another one who agrees with you about the Apprentice as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so very stylish! I Love the embossing! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.