Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Summertime Blues



Evening all, hope your all well.  Well I'm officially on my holidays til 5th Sept, shool closed last Friday Whoop whoop. Just had a lovely weekend away and just got back and  thought I'd get started on some orders.  This card has been made following the new "Cupcake Craft Challenge ~ first 150 your favourite Cup Cake", you can choose your favourite past challenge themes. I followed sketch #52 and theme "Summer".

Attention to detail:

The stamp and sentiment are from the new Magnolia collection and have been coloured with my promarkers: China blue, blue pearl, cornflour blue, cocoa, burnt sienna, umber, cool grey 1-5, satin, blush and dusky pink. I cut Tilda out and layered her onto the embossed square. I embossed the square with my spots and dots folder and used my square nesties.


The papers are scraps of Basic Grey and My Minds Eye, The card is also scraps of powder blue, navy and royal blue all from "Papermill".
The card has been embellished with blue beads (recycled jewellery) and blue gems.

Challenges:

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Cupcake Craft Challenge - 150 your Favourite Cupcake.
Jules Crafty Snippets - #27 (i've not been able to join in for a few weeks but go check out the gorgeous creations made from snippets and scraps only).

10 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch :) Thanks for joining cupcakes this week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Andria what a beauty!!

    Your card is fantastic .. .. love how you have postioned your image on the embossed centre square .. .. great idea.

    Beautiful colouring and gorgeous snippets!!

    Thank you for the inspiration and for joining me again in the war against the snippets taking over the craft space.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andria

    Sorry .. .. I forgot to say have a lovely holiday!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab take on the sketch and such gorgeous details!! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card andria.the tilda is so sweet and i love your stunning colours and design ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card Andria oh how I long to be able to colour like you. Have a fabulous holiday. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Great use of snippets.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - love what you've done with Tilda and the beaded knot is fab. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute!! I love the spotty paper! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.