Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Yankee Doodle Dandy


I don't know about you but I love "Yankee Candles" i occasionally treat myself to the tiny jar candles as they smell lush. This candle is for my Sister-In-Law for her birthday next week. It has been decorated with card and papers to match the card I made for her (see photo below).


I have used the left over scraps of card and papers from the card to decorate this candle. I used my oval nesties for the front and decorated it with pearls and roses. The sentiment is a "Penny Black" stamp. I used my Martha Stewart doily lace punch to cut out the blue band and added a champagne organza ribbon. I also added roses and pearls to the lid of the jar.


I have dipped the edges of the roses into pva glue and then sprinkled them with iridescent glitter to look like dew drops. I curled the wires of the roses with a pencil.


The scent for this candle is "Early Morning Breeze" and it smells divine and matches my colour scheme very well lol.


Apologies for all the photos lol.

Challenges:

I am entering this candle into the following challenges:

Crafts and Me - #44 Add a Flower.
Allsorts - #112 Free and Easy.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Andria .. .. your roses and pearls are such a gorgeous colour .. .. and yes .. .. I love Yankee candles too. I really don't think I could work in a Yankee candle shop though. The smell is far to strong to stay in there for more than 10 minutes LOL!!!

    I am sure your Sister in Law is going to love both the candle and your gorgeous card. What a lucky lady she is!!

    Love the treatment you have given the roses!!

    Thank you for keeping me company again this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andria this is beautiful, I love the contrasting colour you have used against the candle.Yankees are my absolute fave I am building a little collection. Joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolulty beautiful Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful I love lots of photos. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! This will be treasured for sure. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow this is so beautiful andria.what a really fantastic special gift.i love the gorgeous sparkly roses and pearls, love it all :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is fantastic! I adore yankee candles, have far too many (as hubby would say!) but they are almost as addictive as crafting (lol)..... Love what you have done here.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lovely use of your scraps Andria, I'm sure your sister will love your beautiful gift.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous creation!!! Love all the swirls!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.