Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Ruby Tuesday



Morning All,
I thought I would share an Ruby Wedding card I was asked to make. I really wasn't sure about this card when I started, i opted for A5 as my customer wanted a presentation box and to be honest I've not yet mastered the measurements for a perfect square box :(. Then I just played about with pieces of scrap paper until I'd decided on a layout. Next I chose my design paper "Dovecraft Eastern Promise" and matched it to the card "Papermill"


This gorgeous stamp from "Lili Of The Valley" has probably become my most used stamp of the year. I love it and how it can be given a whole new lease of life simply by changing the colours. I cut the image out with my oval nesties and matted this onto a panel which had been embossed with my roses folder.

Attention To Detail:


The stamp was coloured with my promarkers: Cardinal Red, Crimson Red, Burgundy, Tan, Pear Green, Satin, Blush, Dusky Pink, Chestnut and Cool Greys 1-5. The image was highlighted with my white gel pen and clear stardust pen.


I have embellished the card and card box with ribbon, pins and lace from "Ribbon Girl" and roses and flowers from "Wild Orchard Crafts" and  "Prima".

Challenges:

I'm entering the following challenges.

Allsorts Challenge Blog - #114 Free and Easy.

2 comments:

  1. stunning card andrea.your striking colours are fabulous and gorgeous image and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card Andria!
    Great use of red here and great colouring
    Thanks for sharing your work at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.