Friday, 12 August 2011

Tick Follows Tock...Follows Tick Follows Tock...



Morning everyone,

I spent a good chunk of last night looking through old craft stamper magazines and it's sparked my creativity. I wanted to share this ATC I have made, it's part of my project for the "Scrappers Delight August Swap " and the theme is "Fairytales". Well I'm not sure I would quite class "Alice In Wonderland" as your classic fairytale as Lewis Carol is a bit dark in places, especially Alice Through The Looking Glass, but I've loved the books since I was a small girl and decided to give my "Leanne Ellis" stamps another inking.
ATC's are also great for using up scraps of card and paper too. I used ivory card and layered it with "Prima Botanical's Papers". I chose this paper as it has fleur di lys on the pattern (always regal to me) and the cogs and gears which I thought were apt for the "White Rabbit". I distressed the card with my sandstone and caramel promarkers.


I stamped the "White Rabbit" onto a page from an old book. (Now I love my books and I'm so grateful to my parents for encouraging me to read as a child and buying me books to feed my appetite for reading and pure escapism and was always taught to respect my books, don't fold down the pages, don't deface them, don't break the spine etc etc lol. BUT...I've just replaced two well read and completely dogeared classics in my collection and as I couldn't take them to the Charity shop due to the loose pages I decided to recycle).  I coloured in his bow with my Poppy Red (but the crackle glaze has turned it bright orange) promarker and his clock with my Gold Promarker. I then distressed him with crackle glaze.  The letters are hand written and have also been distressed with promarkers and crackle glaze.


I added some gold card to the back of the ATC which had been embossed with my Argyle embossing folder, and to this I added the details for the ATC.

Anyway sorry for waffling on lol.
Off to do some more work on my project.

Challenges:

I am entering my ATC into the following;

Charisma Cardz Challenge - #32 Distressing (distressed with ink and crackle glaze).

9 comments:

  1. That's fab Andria! Very brave of you to cut up an old book, even if you have replaced it! I bought 2 books out of a charity shop for a pound each with the sole intention to cut them up, but I still can't bring myself to do it! lol!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous ATC. What a super Rabbet with his clock. The distressing is fab as is your cuttling on the back.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous atc andria.love the fab bunny and great details.the crackle paint looks great ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andria

    Loving your cute little ATC .. .. not something I have ever done .. but they always look so lovely. I love dinky things and ATC's are just perfect for snippets!!

    Loving all the techniques you have managed to incorporate .. .. and your rabbit is brilliant. Love him!!!

    Thank you for sharing another great way to use up those snippets.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this!!! Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, that is just so cute - great idea to make an ATC from snippets, they are the perfect size. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful ATC - such great detail in miniture.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so wonderful, I love all the details in such a small space, and the White Rabbit is adorable!

    I agree with you absolutely about books, but sometimes recycling is the only answer - especcially when the result is this good!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.