Saturday, 10 September 2011

Book Mark


Hello, I've  had a week off from blogging as I've been really busy on the return to work and so tired, plus my job is very physical and has aggravated an old injury gained in a car accident two year ago, so I've gone through gallons of radox and paracetamol trying to keep it under control. But it seems I may need to return to the Physio and start accupuncture again!

Anyway I've managed to do a little bit of crafting, I've been asked to make 6 bookmarks to be given as gifts so here is the first. I was inspired by "Passion For Promarkers Challenge - Patchwork" (but can't enter as i've not used me promarkers at all lol)  and the "Alphabet Challenge - P for Pastels". The papers are Do crafts Eastern Promise and recycled book pages.

Attention To Detail:

The butterfly is a "Penny Black Stamp", it was paper pieced with the text and then distressed with my crackle glaze. I've added some faux stitching with my white gel pen and embellished the bookmark with my buttons and gems.
The squares were cut with my square nesties, i have added a butterfly charm and some funky fibres to the bottom of the bookmark.

These are perfect for using up all the off cuts of card I have acquired when trimming down my a5 to square cards or "Scraplings" as i've recently discovered they're called in Craft Stamper Magazine.

Challenges

I'm entering the following:

Alphabet Challenge - P is for Pastels.
Jules Crafty Snippets - #36

10 comments:

  1. gorgeous bookmark andria.the butterflies are beautiful and i love the patchwork paper.
    you take it easy hun :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andria sorry to read you've been suffering and hope you will find some relief soon. I love the bookmark my sort of colours. Hope you have a good week and take care of yourself. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bookmark Andria, a great way to use up scraps. I LOVE the effect of the book-page butterflies, and very appropriate for a bookmark!
    Lovely pastel colours too, thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andria

    Sorry to hear your back isn't good .. .. I hope your physio appointment sorts it out for you.

    Loving your snippet make this week. I don't think we have seen bookmarks in the playground before?!?!

    This is gorgeous and I love the text winged butterfly!!!

    Thank you for sharing your lovely make and I hope you feel better soon.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bookmark - and so clever to use up snippets this way. Hope you soon feel better. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bookmark Andria and great way to use the snippets. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous, great snippet make, hope your pain gets better x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bookmark - great use of scraps and the butterflies are gorgeous. Hope the pain is not so bad today and you'll get better soon. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use a scrapling. I always just end up saving them for matting and layering so a bookmark is a great use for them. Your butterflies are very pretty and the crackle glaze really enhances them.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better soon.

    Love the tag you've made.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.