Wednesday, 8 February 2012

You Complete Me

Evening everyone,

Well we've had an interesting day at work today. I got to meet one of my comedy heroes, ex-pupil and non other than Edmund Blackadder himself - Mr Rowan Atkinson. Us lovely Dinner ladies got to serve him his lunch, what a nice man :) and what a nice car too lol :) .

Anyway onto tonight's card which has a quote from one of my favourite movies "Jerry Maguire", this is for my gorgeous other half for valentines day. I don't really believe in Valentines Day and often think it's all hype and overrated, and we have our own little anniversaries and dates to celebrate, but with getting engaged last August , this year it's quite special to us, so I've made this card. He doesn't look at my blog often so quite safe to show you.  I wanted to keep the design fairly clean and simple.

I used my cuttlebug heart die and then drew on the jigsaw shapes. I cut out one of the jigsaw shapes and hand wrote  the "You" and hand wrote "complete Me". I went over the heart and jigsaw piece with crackle glaze to add some texture and have just noticed the you is slightly smudged, will have to replace it :(.

Anyway thanks for looking.

Challenges:

I would like to enter the following...

Crafting For All Seasons - #20 Love Is In The Air.
Creative Inspirations - #149 Lots of Love.
Less Is More - #53 colour - ~Aqua.


15 comments:

  1. What excitement to meet Black Adder himself!
    This is a great design Andria and a super thought behind it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just perfick! What a brilliant idea to make the heart a jigsaw - it's so romantic yet not at all soppy!

    Also - wow! Rowan Atkinson!!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Andria. I know what you mean about Valentines Day. We always give each other cards and maybe a little gift- usually choc hearts of some sor. Never go out as it's too busy and usually overpriced and not good. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! LOVE this! I work with kids who have Autism and this would be an awesome card for Autism awareness month! Do you mind if I CASE you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andria

    A great valentine card.

    Love the idea of the jigsaw pieces .. .. and what a great sentiment to go alongside!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea and a super sentiment - your fiance will love it

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous andria.i love the clever design and colour :D
    my hubby just went a shade of green when i said you`d met blackadder himself ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely couple of cards Andria! Love the idea of the jigsaw.
    Fantastic that you met Rowan Atkinson - I know he's a total petrolhead and I'm actually more jealous that you saw his car!! lol!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb card Andrea, terrific idea
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, this is so sweet! I love the non-traditional colors. Aqua makes my heart go putter patter anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful.
    Thank's for joining us at Creative inspirations
    Hugs Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW....fab handwriting going on there! I love the way you have cut out the jigsaw...brilliant idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab idea with the jigsaw Andria! I love it! :)
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.