Sunday, 8 April 2012

Happy Easter




I'm not giving Easter Eggs this year, I'm on  strict strict budget and personally think they are a rip off, you just pay for packaging these days the eggs are tiny.



I did however make this "Easter Celebration Cake". The cake is a chocolate Victoria sponge recipe, swapping 1z of flour for 1 oz of cocoa powder. This was sandwiched together with chocolate butter cream one cooled. I then spread more buttercream round the edge of the cake and added my chocolate fingers. I used dark and plain chocolate fingers.


I then melted some milk chocolate and poured this onto the top of the cake once the chocolate fingers were in place and finally added the mini eggs.
It's since been cut up and shared out and every last crumb has been eaten. But it is very very rich and even the most hardened choca-holic would struggle lol.

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh, that looks so yummy.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that looks so good.very naughty but oh yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Andria .. .. that looks better than any Easter egg to me!!!

    Is there any left?

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.