Friday, 6 April 2012

Magic

Afternoon everyone,



Finally had time to sit down and craft, my lovely other half had whisked me away for a few days break, it was lovely. Anyway this card and gift is inspired by this months "By The Cute and Girly" challenge which is "Once Upon A Time" project based on your favourite story, nursery rhyme or fairytale. 

I have so so many favourite books but not many stamps that would do them justice except for this one....So I went with "Harry Potter". I adore the books every bit as much as the films and know them inside out.  I have used this adorable "Lili Of The Valley" stamp and hope the girls don't mind, but had to sketch on some glasses, and added "Hogwarts Magic" to the spell book (which was decoupaged).



I coloured the image with my promarkers: Satin Blush, Dusky Pink, Tan, Caramel, Cinnamon, Cocoa, cool grey 1-5, black, warm grey 1-5, ice grey 345, blue pearl, denim blue, tea green,  and pastel blue and highlighted with my white gel pen. The eagle eyed amongst you will notice the spell escaping from the book is "Wingardium Leviosa", which was one of the first spells Harry and Co learnt at Hogwarts.


The papers are by "Craft Creations" and "Dovecraft Princess Fairytale", the ribbon and fibres are from my stash and the stars were created with my nesties. The sentiment is by "Lili Of The Valley" and the word "Magic" was cut out from some old text from a very very very old book (do not condone cutting up new books).



The gift bag contains some "Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans" (or Asda gourmet beans to you and me)watch out for the earwax flavour. I also have to say that my other half's Nana is an actress and she has appeared in "Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone". When Harry is on the Hogwarts Express and the lady comes round with the sweet trolley....yep you guessed it that's her :).

Anyway thanks for looking.

Challenges:

By The Cute And Girly - April...Once Upon A Time.
Divas By Design - Anything Goes & Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute, love the way you have adapted it for Harry potter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great card. I love the image and the color combination black and white looks so great.
    Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card and treat bag andria.i love the image and really stunning colours and details ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andria, what a fab card! Love the little glasses and your colouring is just perfect.

    Great idea to do the matching gift bag as well.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning hun....and thanks for joining us at Divas too...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. clever I just love the way you have adapted the stamp to fit angxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.