Monday, 8 October 2012

Shanghai Surprise


Evening Ladies and Gents,



As promised I have a card to share, despite a bit of a tricky weekend. I wanted to share this beautiful new stamp available from LOTV isn't she gorgeous, just had to have her.


She has been coloured with my promarkers and highlighted with my white gel pen. I have used a selection of dovecraft Eastern Promise papers as I felt they matched the stamp well.

The charm has been recycled from a piece of costume jewellery. I ave kept the rest of the embellishments light and used only ribbon and gems.


I have added a paper insert to the card as a change from decorating it as I'm trying to make a variety of cards that are lighter on postage as well as my normal heavily layered and embellished cards.

This card will shortly be available to buy in my Etsy shop.

Ingredients:

Promarkers: Satin, Blush, Dusky Pink, Gold, Forest Green, Crimson, Burgundy, Cool Grey 4, 5 and Black.
Papers: Eastern Promise - Dovecraft.
Charm: Recycled Jewellery.
Gems: Papermania.
Ribbon: The Ribbon Girl.
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat Digi Stamp.
Rubber Stamp: Lili of The Valley.

Challenges:

I'd like to enter the following...

Alphabet Challenge - R is for Recycle. (charm recycled costume jewellery)
Crafts and Me Challenge - #14 My Sentiments Exactly.

10 comments:

  1. That is indeed a gorgeous stamp. The recycled jewellery is looking good on the card too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, greatly enhanced with the beautiful re-cycled jewellery. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can see why you had to have the stamp - so cute! Love the card you've made with her too, very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous andria.i love your oriental papers and fabulous colouring of the sweet image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore this card Andria! The image is fab but that charm ensemble just makes the whole thing!

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andria, your brightly colored Shanghai Surprise looks wonderful on this beautifully layered and encouraging card. Your choice of papers is brilliant for a fabulously authentic look. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "My Sentiments Exactly!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful oriental card! Lovely image! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Recycle, Repurpose' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, the image is beautiful, your colouring is amazing! love those papers and that sentiment is brilliant.. Love it all... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe so sweet and cute, beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Gorgeous card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works so well together. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.