Sunday, 4 November 2012

It's A Vintage Thing - Eclectic Ellapu Challenge # 4



Morning everyone,
I can't believe we are already on challenge number 4 over at Eclectic Ellapu and this week it's the turn of us Purples. Our theme has been chosen by the lovely Sandra and it's "It's a Vintage Thing". I have made this birthday card for my Auntie, when she was a little girl she used to dress the pet cats up in bonnets and matinee jackets and take them out in her dolls pram.



I had to use this digi for her card, I thought of her as soon as I seen it. I've coloured it with my promarkers trying to create a vintage sepia photograph effect. I highlighted the image with my white gel pen.
The fancy corners were created with my fleur de lys nesties.



The flowers are a mixture of brown and cream and the liquid pearls are in platinum. I've added the pearls to the butterflies and the photo corners.



The sentiment is an old Penny Black stamp but has been so useful, purrrrfect for this card I thought.

This is a weekly challenge and the emphasis is on FUN, the winner, runners up and top 5 win a badge chosen by the DT no random org here :) . To enter just hop over to our blog and link up on Miss Linky (yes she is female).

Ingredients:

Digi: Mo Manning - Danielle and her baby.
Sentiment: Penny Black.
Promarkers: Tan, Caramel, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna, Putty, Apricot, Warm Grey 1 to 5.
Others: Fleur De Lys nesties, flowers( The Ribbon Girl), liquid pearls (stash). Antique Linen Distress ink (Haven Crafts). Butterfly (marianne creatables die).
Design Papers: Prima Botanicals.

Thanks for looking :) .

Challenges:

I'd like to enter the following....

Come and get it challenge - Monochromatic sunday.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful card I love the sepia look you have done.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning andria.beautiful sepia colours and i love the sweet image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning vintage card, I love the colours and the image is so sweet.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Andria. Love the image and the layout and embellishments are gorgeous. Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know if you figure out how to wrap up a hug Andria! I love your interpretation of our theme this week, your card is gorgeous...no surprise there.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunningly gorgeousness. I have said many times before that I love the sepia tones and it looks like I am saying it again lol
    Hugz Ellapu xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How gorgeous is this! Awesome monochromatic card and loads of pretty details too!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andria, I've just been catching up as I haven't been able to blog-hop for so long now I knew I was missing so much!
    I'm loving this card - the image is so cute and I love the fact that your aunt used to put cats in her pram!
    I love the details too, with the corners and the butterfly etc.
    I can't believe we're in week 4 already either! Time flies when you're having fun!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Andria this is such a beautiful, beautiful card!
    I love all the detail you've added and the image is just perfect!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you! Do great minds think alike or what? Or at least similarly? Love your card and your style. The die cuts have been used wonderfully. Your image is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice card. Great details and thought put into the card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.