Sunday, 11 November 2012

Lest We Forget



They shall not grow old, as we that are left shall grow old.
Age shall not weary them, or the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning we shall remember them.

We will remember them.

I am a strong supporter of Remembrance Sunday/Armistice Day. My Gran was in the army during WWII working the lights at Biggin Hill Aerodrome. My Dad was in the army, he served in the Kings Own Royal Border Regiment and had postings in Belfast in the early 70's. Leon my Fiance served in the Royal Navy as a Submariner and my Brother wears a Police Uniform everyday at work and was involved in the Whitehaven Shootings two years ago. They make me proud, seeing my Dad in his Vets uniform ready to march makes me proud too.

The men and women who have fallen, the men and women who have returned from conflict injured and the men and women who have returned from conflict safely deserve our support, respect and every prayer bestowed upon them.

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally Andria, We must never forget!! Support & respect... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and thoughts.